Friday, May 1, 2009

"i'd rather have 3 minutes of wonderful rather than a lifetime of nothing special..."

that's from my favorite movie...steel magnolias. such a poignant and beautiful movie that makes me cry every time.

but that's so true. i would rather take risks and end up with just a few minutes of wonderful than have a whole lifetime where i didn't go out on any limbs and end up with nothing special.

i'm writing this with my precious little kitten asleep on my stomach and arm. i love her. and i've only really known her a few hours. i can only imagine how much more amazing a real baby will be (but no worries...that'll be quite awhile...that's why we got the fur baby to fill the gap!) it's been such a beautiful day. gorgeous outside...just spending time with my little kitten, playing, napping. just relaxing...i even worked on a story a smidge...finally some creative juices are flowing again.

i just feel like May is my month! my month to shine and thrive. the wedding's over (which is kinda sad, but at least now i have pics and a video), the moving in is over...we are pretty much settled! we have a kitty! and i'm turning 23 next week. weird. you know, age doesn't really mean a whole lots anymore. past 16 and 18 and 21...not much difference til 30. but like i was saying, may is my month. to spend more time on myself. work out maybe. read more. write more. just better myself.

i think i'm gonna do it. i deserve it!

3 comments:

  1. you definitely deserve it. and not just it. the best of it.

    Miss you becca becca! I'm excited to see you a week from today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. can't wait to meet baby cricket! gus and grizzie say "we love you" to their new cousin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ....looks like that little fur baby didn't stop the real baby from coming.....cuz he/she is on it's way.....what a great year it will be!!! Very exciting for everyone!! First grandchild on BOTH SIDES!!!!

    ReplyDelete