Wednesday, October 21, 2009

"isn't it ironic...don'tcha think?"

here's the ironic part, stick with the story, i gotta build up to it...

Summer 2007...i got this idea for a story and started doing some research and writing it. the thing is...i normally write stories about the things i know maybe including some sort of illness that i don't deal with on a regular basis...you know something to make life interesting! :) so i started writing this story that was totally something that was from my imagination and no part of it was really a fanciful version of my life...total fiction. well summer 2007 was 2 years ago. this story basically got shelved like the rest of my started works. it never got past like page 5. but ive always kept it on my laptop.

May 2009...that post where "creative juices started flowing..." member? i came back to that story and added some more to it. it was about a married couple. the original idea totally came from a dream (and not a dream where Dan and I were married, that's for sure. marriage was not really on my mind summer 07). so now (may 09) i had slight marriage knowledge so i was adding to the story. story once again got pushed aside for loss of ideas and business.

October 2009...going through my laptop and the story comes up. ironic part i never told you. story is about a married couple going trying to live life after a miscarriage. ..... that's right. ironic? i think so. either i was prophesying way back in 07 or i just spoke something into existence, which kinda sucks. because back then, i knew nothing about married life and i knew nothing about what a miscarriage felt like. now i do. maybe i'll start some more work on this one. maybe this one is supposed to be the book i actually finish.

maybe this one i'll carry to term, actually complete, and give birth to a best seller.

2 comments:

  1. I think this will be really cathartic for you. It will be wonderful. I wouldn't think of this story as being something you put on yourself or a jinx, think of it as maybe God's way of helping you to greive.

    I love you, and I know this story will be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think God let you begin that story two years ago in order to help you heal now. As painful as it is, you may provide comfort for many women through your story. I know we technically don't know each other, but I have been praying for you Becca. I've always known that Dan was a smart man, and he chose a wonderful woman to share his life.

    ReplyDelete